Experienced Quantity Surveyor/ Commercial Engineer
Breffni Air UK Limited require an Experienced Quantity Surveyor/ Commercial Engineer for a live pharma project in Cambridge.
This role will work within an existing team to manage and implement all project commercial and contractual requirements. This will include;
- Managing ongoing project commercial activities including payment claims, variations for additional works, coordinating monthly valuations, contractual requirements, recording and presenting all costs for assessment and ongoing client reporting
- Implementing commercial management systems for cost and performance forecasting
- Managing all schedules and trackers to coordinate and manage ongoing progress and change
- Managing and coordinating procurement of materials and plant items for the works
- Managing key stakeholder relationships across the broader project team
- Undertaking project reporting within the company including monthly forecasting of costs and cost value reconciliation, reviewing Planned versus Earned Value, ongoing performance of each works package (and programming) and forecasting project cashflow monthly
- Recording, reporting, and managing projects risks, variations and cost overruns and the overall effect overruns may have on the project
- Undertaking and managing interim commercial meetings with the Client and Internal Project Team
- Completing the project close out documentations including final account resolution and agreement for all trade packages.
The role requires;
7 – 10 years relevant experience, preferably in a mechanical engineering/ high end ventilation systems and services environment
Relevant Level 8/ Degree qualification in Quantity Surveying or similar qualification
Working knowledge of the 3D environment including Navisworks/AutoCAD
What you will get in return
There is a very competitive package available to the right candidate for an immediate start. In return, you will gain exposure to a very exciting and complex project, ongoing training and development and the support of a talented senior management team.
Email your CV in confidence to email@example.com
Experienced Site Supervisor
Breffni Air UK Limited are seeking to recruit an Experienced Site Supervisor to join us on a major life sciences project in Cambridge. We are a well-established specialist ventilation Contractor that operates across Ireland, the UK and mainland Europe.
Reporting to the Project Manager you will work on site supervising/overseeing installation of the package contract works with the Breffni site and project team and liaising with other trade contractors to ensure the project is completed safely, on time and to the highest quality.
Role Overview and Responsibilities:
- Oversee a team of fitters ensuring quality installation at all times while achieving maximum productivity
- Maintain day-to-day liaison and programme of work with the Management Team and monitor progress of work to ensure that the agreed programme is met
- Coordinating, scheduling, and planning of resources including labour and materials
- Maintain and report site diary to verify and control labour, materials, and equipment on site
- Assign daily, weekly, and monthly tasks to all tradesmen under their control to ensure the programme and project requirements are always maintained
- Ensure the adherence to safety and quality standards, participating Yellow Jacket Inspections, reports, and Audits
- Actively promote Health and Safety initiatives, ensuring all trades adopt safe working methods, carry out Toolbox talks, ensuring all operatives are signed to accept the RAMS they are working under
- Capture and record performance information to support notifications which identify delays, disruption, and variations
- Participate in weekly safety/progress/programme/quality/testing meetings with Project site team
- Use Breffni Air Mobile phone/IPAD app to capture, record and issue notifications to client project management team to identify delays, disruption, variations and similar
- Timely and clear reporting on progress including weekly work plans, 2 weeks look ahead plans, disruption sheets, preparing marked up drawings and similar
- Requisition and progress the supply of necessary equipment and materials (via our procurement team) in a timely manner to ensure tradesmen are always fully productive
- Inspect all work of for quality, progress, and satisfactory completion, ensuring zero deficiencies and unsatisfactory workmanship or quality of materials are replaced
- Attend site meetings / DABS meetings and similar as required by the site team and the project requirements
- Organise, supervise, and record all tests and inspections and submit any results/ paperwork in a timely manner
- Planning and booking site deliveries and ensuring offloading and storage are adequate
- Carry out weekly snagging / de-snagging of works and submit weekly report to ensure installation quality at all times
- At least 2 years previous Supervisors experience.
- Ability to work well under pressure and within very strict deadlines.
- Ability to drive a large scale project achieving maximum productivity
- Fluent English and strong communication skills.
- Computer literate including use of Microsoft suite of packages
- Supervisors must be SSSTS qualified as a minimum and must be First aid trained
Salary is negotiable depending on experience
Job Type: Full-time
Email your CV in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org